No Do while/repeat until looping construct in python?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Mar 13 03:09:22 EST 2003

dsavitsk wrote:

> "Colin Brown" <cbrown at metservice.com> wrote in message
> news:3e6fcf6b at news.nz.asiaonline.net...
>> Hi Lars

>> > Why is there no do-while looping construct in Python?
>>
>> Others have explained the Python way to do this, fine.
>>
>> I think this points out deficiencies of the documentation.
>
>>  Also, it would be helpful for the docs to come
>> with built-in search capability.
>
> In keeping with the pythonic spirit of no being redundant, simply add
> "site:python.org" to a google search.  why should python docs replicate
> this?

site:python.org is not good enough -- it gives thousands of hits
on mailing list archives on the site.  If the python.org site
was structured to support Google's site: modifier, e.g. by making
a doc.python.org page that goes to what is now
http://www.python.org/doc/current/ , searching the site would
be far more convenient (and it would be very easy to add links
for such "customized searches").

Alex