Space Between Rows

Paul E. Lehmann plehmann at fred.net
Fri Mar 14 12:19:46 EST 2003

"Steven Taschuk" <staschuk at telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> Quoth Paul E. Lehmann:
> > Using Tkinter how does one add space between two rows?
> > I just want to add space between two rows not space above AND below a
row.
> > It seems as if pady or ipady will add space both above and below and not
> > just either above or below a row.
>
> I assume from your reference to "rows" that you're using the grid
> geometry manager.

That is correct.  I read somewhere that of the three, it was the best one to
learn.

> Afaik there's no way to insert padding on just one side of a cell.
> Three methods for achieving the same visual effect come to mind:
> use an invisible "spacing" widget (such as a Frame with explicit
> height but no contents), use sticky widgets and control the cell
> heights explicitly, or use the place geometry manager (shudder).

I thought of using an invisible "spacing" widget but I was thinking there
might be a more "elegant" method but I could not find one anywhere.

I have not tried the place geometry; manager.  It seems as if there are a
lot of people who don't recommend it.  I am brand new to this and my
programs are not big or complex so maybe I will give it a try also.

Thanks for the help.