Waffling (was Re: single-line terinary operators considered harmful)

Des Small des.small at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 12:06:31 EST 2003

Stephen Horne <intentionally at blank.co.uk> writes:

> Oops - I think I just figured it out... There was definitely a
> language I used where you'd get a null statement by having a semicolon
> after the last statement of a block (not that anyone cared), and now -
> I think it was Pascal.

Yes, Pascal does that.  This used to cause hours of fun in the old
days, as C and Pascal programmers "discussed" the True Purpose Of
Semicolons.  ("They're separators, C-weenie!" "They're terminators,
Pascal luser!")

Des
--
Dr Des Small / Scientific Programmer/ School of Mathematics /
University of Bristol / University Walk / Bristol BS8 1TW / United