Wildcard for string replacement?!?!

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Mar 10 14:29:59 EST 2003

Perverted Orc wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I 'm working for over a week on this script but I can't make my way out. The
> whole idea is to replace (better say delete) anything that stands between
> the <td> and</td> tag of an html file.

If that really is all you want, the easiest way to do it is probably to
use regular expressions. Which are like wildcards on steroids.

import re

itemReg = re.compile('<td>(.*?)</td>', re.I|re.S)
items = itemReg.findall(content)

for item in items:
     print item

--

hilsen/regards Max M Rasmussen, Denmark

http://www.futureport.dk/
Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme