Is Python overhyped (just like Java)?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Mar 29 18:38:19 EST 2003

Gerhard Haring <gh at ghaering.de> wrote:
> I couldn't care less about which programming language you use. So I
> propose you do some internet research yourself.

Seems to me, that's what he was doing :-)

One thing that's worth adding is that if you stand up in
comp.lang.python and ask, "Is Python better than C++?", the odds are the
answers you get back will be rather biased.

In all endevours, it's worthwhile to ask around and get different views
on the subject.  Try asking your question in comp.lang.c++.  You'll
probably get a different set of answers.  Then your task becomes to
reconcile the various opinions.