spreadsheet format

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Mar 17 10:47:20 EST 2003

user at domain.invalid writes:

> This not really a python question, but here it goes:
>
> I have data with the format
>
> 	Name\Header	Header1	Header2	Header3...	HeaderN
> 	name1		4	5	6		6
> 	name2		5	6	4		3
>          .
> 	.
> 	.
> 	nameN		6	56	6		1
>
> My problem is if I email the data as plain text the formatting
> is usually lost

Then you're dealing with broken mail clients. Unfortunately, one very
popular mail client from a large software monopoly is broken in just
this way.

There doesn't appear to be a definition for comma separated
values. You can find the definition for the mime type for tab
separated values at <URL:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/tab-separated-values >.

        <mike