Webware vs Spyce

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Mar 20 16:58:59 EST 2003

>I can set up timeout of every query (eg. the cache will be refreshed
>every hour, or a day, or a week). I can also refresh it manually
>whetever I want. It works fine and for heavy sql queries it is very
>usefull.

OK, how's this?  On first hit generate a static HTML page
with a unique name built from query parameters.  On subsequent
hits, test its age; if too young, return the static page, if too old,
regenerate it and return that.

This will give even better performance as you cache the
results of all your formatting logic too :-)

- Andy Robinson