a question about map object

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 17 08:45:51 EST 2003

"Frank Zheng" <hust_zxq524 at 263.net> wrote in message
news:b54h65$1b1j$1 at mail.cn99.com...
> Hi, Peter:
>
>     In fact , whether the dict has orders or not has nothing to do with my
> work. I just feel curious about this.

Curiosity is a perfectly good reason for asking questions, and a valuable
asset for a learner in any subject.

> I made a parser which receive  a stream from the handset connected to PC
via
> serial cable. And then the parser  can get out  every item of one phone
book
> entry such as name,group, home phone and so on.  I don't care about the
> orders of these items because i have a dict and every item has a key. I
just
> feel curious about the order since it's different with the input order,.
> However, i know the reason at last. There are so many good people here.

Yes, this newsgroup is certainly one of the better places to seek
information. People are generally not only helpful but also tolerant, which
makes newcomers feel welcome.

>     I think my english is poor, and i don't know if u can understand me. I
> am from China and i love python.

Your English is good enough that I (a native English speaker) hadn't
realized from your first couple of posts that English wasn't your first
language. You certainly write it well enough for your questions to be
understood.

>     thanks
>     best regards

Welcome to c.l.py!