OT: Recommended Linux Laptops, suppliers?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 18 17:39:50 EST 2003

    Cliff> Mostly it sucks because Skip did it <wink> As I mentioned
    Cliff> earlier, I doubt using the Cygwin port of Python is going to give
    Cliff> very fair numbers on the PC.  I haven't used those tools in quite
    Cliff> a while, but unless something has changed, you can expect a
    Cliff> fairly large performance hit under Cygwin.

Okay, I figured out how to run the non-Cygwin version of 2.2.2 from a DOS
prompt.  Pystones are (drum roll please) 32000.  That compares quite
favorably with the 27855 stones I got with Cygwin.  Turning the crank on the
meaningless extrapolation using the higher number, I project a pystones
number of 22857 for a 2GHz P4 and 18285 for a 2GHz Celeron.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Skip