Tutorial on programming devices?

Wouter van Marle wouterm at spammers-unite-here.com
Wed Mar 19 03:57:19 EST 2003

www.pyhton.org is a very valuable source on these things.

And besides that, isn't reading/writing from some port (almost) the same as
read/write to a file? Just use /dev/ttySxx (with xx your port number) as
filename. Supposed to work like that (never tried myself). Just a thought.

Oh if you are not in Linux/Unix/etc it will probably be different. In DOS I
had to send commands directly to a port (that was a project using Turbo
Pascal, felt to me as a pretty 'hacky' way of reading and writing your data,
using interrupts and all).

Good luck anyway!

Wouter.

news:slrnb7gao8.f80.emiddelb at pc069.MPIfR-Bonn.MPG.de...