writing html code

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 6 22:54:04 EST 2003

    Ali> hi all: i am new to python and i have a couple of small
    Ali> questions, let's start with the first for now: i want to
    Ali> write a script that launch a web browser and writes in in
    Ali> some text. so basically what is the command open the browser
    Ali> in write mode and what is the command that permits us to
    Ali> write html code into the opened brower? is the latter
    Ali> something like

    Ali> file.write(<p>this text will appear in the browser</p>) ??

    Ali> thanks and expect to here from me more!!!

Is this really what you want to do?  I can't see why you need python
to *open* the web browser.  Why not write the html to a file and open
that file in an already running browser.  Maybe bookmark it, as in a
bookmark to

  file:///home.yourname/yourfile.html

You can certainly write html in python

  fh = file('yourfile.html', 'w')
  fh.write('<html>\n')
  fh.write('Hello!\n')
  fh.write('</html>\n')

It would help if you said more specifically why you need to do what
you ask.

John Hunter