How do I check for pending UDP input?

Colin Brown cbrown at metservice.com
Sun Mar 16 18:15:35 EST 2003

I revisited the problem over the weekend and carefully reread the
socket docs with an open mind. My solution to 'asynchronously'
reading the last available datagram if it exists is now as follows.

Set up socket to be non-blocking in class initialisation.

Reader method :-
    def recv(self,size=512):
        data = ''
        while 1:
            try:
                d = self.skt.recv(size)
                data = d
            except:
                return data

One could handle socket errors in the except statement if desired.

Colin Brown - Python aficionado
PyNZ

news:3e7145f5 at news.nz.asiaonline.net...