question about os.path.isdir

P Brian paul at shiningrose.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 18:03:50 EST 2003

Have you tried joining the base + filename using os.path.join

I can sometimes find strnge things happening with \ when I try straight
string joins. -
e.g.

> for filename in basefilelist:
           filePath = os.path.join(base, filename)
>         if (os.path.isdir(filePath)):

An non existent path will fail as well as a valid path that is not a file...

cheers

news:de1ef65d.0303171303.7d6d3ee3 at posting.google.com...