PyGTK-2 Full-Screen mode.

kkennedy titanrebel at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 15:58:00 EST 2003

Does anyone know how to make a window "full-screen" with PyGTK-2?  By
full-screen, I mean no decoration and no task bar or panel visible,
and preferably the ability to disable the alt-tab functionality.  This
would be the eqivalent of the "full-screen-exclusive-mode" in Java SDK
1.4.

Here is my problem: I am writing a simple childrens game (in Python),
and I would like them to be able to play it when I'm not around.  The
problem is that they can really mess up icons, menus, and whatever
else can be randomly clicked on.  I am using Redhat 8.0.  If anyone
knows another (better) way of solving this problem, your comments are
welcome.

Thanks.