cgi-script for protected websites

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:08:14 EST 2003

[Ulrich Movie]
> I'm trying to write a cgi-script:
> -- people come to my website and make an announcement (name and password)
> -- after that, they come again und put their name and password in a form
> -- when name and password are correct, they can visit special websites for
> member only
> Does anybody know a python module or a website, where I can study that
> problem?

http://wspace.sourceforge.net does work with a login page, asks
password for registry of new users; and after the user is registered
it presents a normal login with name+password.  This is done by
storing things in files and it also uses "hidden" INPUT forms.  No
cookies needed, hurray!  There are also timeout mechanisms and file
locks.  All source can be gotten at the development page mentioned
there.