OT: Recommended Linux Laptops, suppliers?

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 15:14:47 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 11:43, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Cliff> Emacs works best on x86 hardware.  vi is best on Apple, but vi
>     Cliff> sucks.
>
> Why do you say this?  (Not the vi sucks bit, that I pretty much agree
> with. ;-)  I'm typing this using XEmacs on my Mac.  Works just as well here
> as on my Linux laptop.
>
>     Cliff> Plus, Apples automatically indent Python code with tabs and
>     Cliff> there's no way to change it.
>
> Not in Emacs it doesn't. ;-)

Returning to the topic of disorders, IANAP, but it appears you've got
that one where you just don't get it.  Or maybe I've got that one where
I make stupid jokes people intentionally misunderstand.  If that's the
case, I hope it has a good name (and hopefully easier to spell than
Aspergers).

winkwinkwink'ly yrs

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer