PEP 312 - Making lambdas implicit worries me, surely it's just the name 'lambda' that is bad...

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Mar 3 02:43:18 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Sean Ross wrote:

> How about "do", instead of "fn"?:

As on of the PEP 312 authors, I must explain. PEP 312 is not about adding
new keywords, etc.  And I am already allergic (thanks PEP 308) to such
suggestions. The only problem with PEP 312 as I see it is that lambdas are
more useful when they have arguments. And this is hard to help without
"lambda" keyword.

Making lambda implicit is no more fuss than making implicit line-breaks.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -