Puedo Code help

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Tue Mar 18 16:11:05 EST 2003

Steve schreef op dinsdag 18 maart om 22:01:50 +0000:
> Be gentle.  I'm learning Python, but don't know how to approach a project.
>
> I would like to parse out some data in my email / web server (linux) box.

If you are trying to extract data from a Mailbox:
http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-email.html

If you are trying to extract email from an email account:
http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-smtplib.html

If you are trying to parse information from a website:
http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-htmllib.html

If you are trying to write HTML data, you can use print but HTMLgen might help:
http://starship.python.net/crew/friedrich/HTMLgen/html/main.html

> For instance, are there modules that can help with this? I would love to
> output the results to a web page.  Can Python interface with MRTG?

I don't know what MRTG is, so I can't help you on that one...

> Maybe I'm being too vague, but I just need ideas to go into a direction.

I hope the links above help. Even if they don't, you might find hints or
even answers <w> when surfing around in the online documentation, of which
the first three links are a part.

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/