Open Source Python ODBC module for Linux?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Mar 14 08:41:00 EST 2003

In article <slrnb726o6.3ac.gh at lilith.my-fqdn.de>,
Gerhard Häring  <gh at ghaering.de> wrote:
>Mike S. wrote:
>> Is there an open source python odbc module in existence? [...]
>
>No. At least no cross-platform one. There's an unsupported 'odbc'
>module http://www.python.org/windows/win32/odbc.html but I'd
>personally rather avoid dead code.
>
>If Windoze is your only concern, consider using ADO via win32com
>instead. There are also DB-API wrappers for ADO.
			.
			.
			.
For completeness, I'll mention a shortcut-to-Cincinnati-
by-way-of-Rangoon possibility:  Tcl has a quite successful
(if ODBCishly slow) TclODBC <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/tclodbc >
package whose Linux manifestation is well-maintained, and
Tkinter *does* make all of Tcl accessible to Python programmers.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net