IME withTix on multilanguagesupported system ?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Mar 4 07:48:58 EST 2003

vincent wehren wrote:
> Exactly my point. I don't know about 8.4, with in 8.3 there's no way I can
> *input* German and Russian in the same widget by switching the keyboard
> layout and have them both rendered correctly with the same underlying
> codepage (pasting cyrillic alongside German is no problem). It sure seems
> like Tk doesn't do anything with the WM_INPUTLANGCHANGE notification (yet).

I just tried, and it works better than we think it does. I installed the
Vietnamese keyboard on an English XP installation with German MUI.
Switching the keyboard to Vietnamese in IDLE of Python 2.2.1 (Tk 8.3), I
can happily enter characters not supported in my codepage (1252), such
as "ă" (U+0103, LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH BREVE).

Regards,
Martin