Vote on PEP 308: Ternary Operator

Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 15:52:34 EST 2003

mis6 at pitt.edu (Michele Simionato) writes:

> This voting procedure forces me to write what I like the best (even
> in the 'reject' case, I must check the last hated expression). I
> have no way to express what I dislike the most.

I have now voted, and no longer really care, but yes, I agree that
this was the most annoying aspect of the voting system. Not being able
to say how much I *loathe*

   (if c: x else: y)

was a definite lack for me. And it's a shame, because I think it's
useful information (a syntax which people either love or hate, with no
middle ground, may be less preferable than one which evokes no such
strong opinions).

But what the heck.

Paul.
--