Nasty launching of Python applications

Harald Massa cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com
Thu Mar 20 03:13:42 EST 2003

> When I run any Python program (*.py) I get always two windows: console
> and the main program windows (eg. using wxPython). It looks ugly,

Tracker,

from your messages to clp I see that you are running into the same
problems I had with wxPython when starting. So please allow me to pass on
some experiences that you do not have to earn yourself:

1) pythonwin (from Activestate) is a great IDE. But it is horrible with
wxPython. Change to PyCrust (*)

2) Many of the problems are covered in the WIKI on www.wxpython.org
   I to often missed reading there before

3) Thomas Heller says you can savely ignore the warnings from py2exe :)

4) you get more great editing featores by switching to scite.

5) ASPN at activestate has a great, searchable, free archive of wxpython
mailinglist. It is more than helpfull.

Good luck,

Harald

(*) it's something with event loop, discussed in great detail in the
wxpython mailing list