Python in a Nutshell: Real Soon Now!

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sat Mar 8 03:33:55 EST 2003

A. Lloyd Flanagan wrote:

> "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
> news:<pcM9a.203497$zL6.173440 at news2.central.cox.net>...
>> I thought US readers, at least, might be interested to know that UPS have
>> just delivered my complimentary copy of "Python in a Nutshell". By using
>> a fine, almost onion-skin, paper they have made an excellent volume that
>> is
>> quite manageable to read and carry around.  Nice job, Alex ... should be
>> on the bookshelves any time now!
>>
>> regards
>
> Will it be available on http://safari.oreilly.com?  Printed books are
> so old-fashioned. ;)

I would definitely expect the Nutshell to join the other 14 Python books
that are currently available on Safari.  Personally, I couldn't do without
Safari, but I don't find it obsoletes paper books -- rather, for me, it
complements them... wonderful when I just need to look something up in a
hurry (much faster for that than looking for a paper book then looking
for the info within it -- and also available when I'm not home, etc), but
a paper book is more portable, ideal to carry and read on a train or
plane, still sharper and more readable than even the best screen, etc, etc.

Alex