Is Python the Esperanto of programming languages?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Mar 20 13:58:49 EST 2003

Cliff Wells wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 03:43, Peter Hansen wrote:
> > Erik Max Francis wrote:

> > > I'm getting 1.26 million as well.
> >
> > Google is screwed... I'm getting "about 188,000" right now... thought
> > it might make a difference whether Google redirects you to a national
> > version (www.google.ca for me, probably www.google.it for Alex) but
> > it doesn't, and by using the numeric address for the .com version I
> > was able to override this behaviour and it's the same: 188,000...
>
> Language preferences?

Good thought, or even browser differences.  Using IE 6.0 SP1 from a
Canadian site and with "en-us" as the preferred language, I'm
getting 204,000 hits today...

Hmm... maybe just load on Google?  It must surely be cutting short the
search under heavy load conditions, so the "about 204,000" thing might
be much different at other times.

On the other hand, looking at the time of my above posting, I strongly
doubt that's the case.

Other ideas?

-Peter