[ANN] Python-Hosting.com: new Hosting Provider specialized in Python

Remi Delon remi at remove-me.python-hosting.com
Mon Mar 31 15:07:58 EST 2003

> By the way, when you refer to Firebird as an "embedded" database, do
> you really mean you're using it in embedded mode, or is it running as
> a persistent server?  If the latter, is it SuperServer or Classic?

I mean using it in embedded mode, with the python wrapper kinterbasdb, like
this:

import kinterbasdb
con = kinterbasdb.connect(dsn='/home/myLogin/test.db',user='sysdba',
password='pass')
cur = con.cursor()
cur.execute("select * from people order by age")
print cur.fetchall()

So users can put the file containing their database data (ex: test.db) in
their HOME directory and use kinterbasdb as they want.

Regards,

Remi.     remi at remove-me.python-hosting.com
Specialized python hosting: http://www.python-hosting.com
Python application server: http://www.cherrypy.org