A bug I found in Python

Timothy Grant tjg at craigelachie.org
Sat Mar 29 14:04:05 EST 2003

On Saturday 29 March 2003 09:41 am, Jp Calderone wrote:
>   I have used Python for many minutes now, but I have recently discovered
> some surprising behavior!
>
>   When I attempt to add two integers together, the result is a third,
> different integer!

Saying you discovered a bug in Python and then not posting all your code or
thoroughly explaining the unexpected result is not a particularly good way to
win friends or influence people.

I would suggest typing your code into the interactive interpreter and then
cutting and pasting the surprising results.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant