[Q] Databases -- Gadfly vs Metakit vs SQLite

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Sat Mar 15 20:01:56 EST 2003

"yaipa h." wrote:

> If you are not worried about cross platform, then why not
> use the Jet (access) DB.

Yes, that's part of Windows, so it's almost safe to assume that it's
there, and you can get to it through com.  However, I don't want to
worry one bit about what version is there or if MS will put in changes
in subsequent releases that will break my application.  And I'd rather
embed the database so that I don't have to worry about the user changing
it with an MS desktop app to violate my rules of relational integrity
and crash my app.

Al