Looking for Free Visual Programming Library as User Interface

marshall marshall at spamhole.com
Mon Mar 3 22:32:41 EST 2003

Pierre Schnizer <Pierre.Schnizer at no-spam.tu-graz.ac.at> wrote in message news:<4y3cm4egej.fsf at faepsv01.tu-graz.ac.at>...
> Dear all,
>
> 	I am looking for a free visual programming library as an interface to
> my simulation similar to the Simulink interface of Labview's G Language. It
> should allow to drag a few objects (~ 10) around on a sheet and connect them
> accordingly.

I have lots of experience with such languages (Helix on mac, Extend,
Prograph, and lots of specialized controller interfaces) but none in
writing them.  There is this:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~amulet/

It is C++ though and I was wondering how SWIGable it is.  I guess you
could also embed Python into it so that the blocks could be programmed
in Python.  (of course _I_ can't do either of those things yet ;-)

If you find something, post it.