Squirrelmail or Phpmyadmin in Python?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Mar 6 03:35:15 EST 2003

Kyoskyu wrote:

> P.S.  If I just wanted a package to run, I'd download all the necessary
> components and just run it but these days, I actually want to look at the
> code and understand what it's doing.  With Python, I'm hoping to learn a
> single scripting language and use it for both web programming as well as
> system maintenance.

Then I think you would be better of writing your own package in Python.
You should probably use mod_python, and then start from there. This will
probably make you understand the problems better than reading someone
elses code.

In other peoples code is a lot of steps down the wrong path that you
simply don't see. But these wrong paths often contains a valuable lesson
for a programmer.

Others might disagree, but I find this to be the most effective way of
learning for me.

When I do a learning project like this, I am agressively using "proper"
methodologies like patterns, XP etc. This way it is possible to learn a
lot in a short amount of time.

--

hilsen/regards Max M Rasmussen, Denmark

http://www.futureport.dk/
Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme