Perl Vs Python, Associative arrays, regex, and other considerations.

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 12:24:47 EST 2003

>> Tools: debuggers. A friend told me ddd for Perl is great. How would be
>> Python?
>
> You can use pdb in lieu of ddd with python. There's an interactive
> development environment bundled with the distribution as well.

ddd also has a python mode, which I used when I was starting with python
successfully.  For some odd reason, python debugging is really so easy that
these days I just don't need a 'real' debugger anymore.  Judiciously thrown
exceptions that trigger a pdb call or an embedded shell popping up 'live'
inside the code for a quick look at the stack seem to be more than enough.

cheers,

f.