Suggestion for yet another (O'Reilly) Python book

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Mar 11 18:50:23 EST 2003

"Steven Cummings" <cummingscs at netscape.net> wrote ...
> claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:
>
> >In article <mailman.1047331217.32297.python-list at python.org>,
> >Steven Cummings <cummingscs at netscape.net> wrote:
> >>Cool idea. I've thought it would be nice to have an O'Reilly "Python
> >>Web Services" written by someone who has done all of those articles
> >>for developerWorks and XML.com, like Uche. To have it all and much
> >>more from the expert-author's knowledge in one coherent book would be
> >>very marketable right now I think.
> >            .
> >            .
> >            .
> >... and also a lot of work, more than is generally ap-
> >parent to those who haven't been through sausage-mak--I
> >mean, book publication, themselves.

Too right. It's a lot of work for a pretty small return, even if the book
turns out to be sucessful. Then some Dutch smartarse goes and brings out a
new version of Python and your text is out if date. Sheesh...

> >Incidentally, "Python Web Services" is ambiguous in at
> >least a couple of dimensions.  Are you aware of Steve
> >Holden's book <URL: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/ >?
> >--
>
> That's true I suppose. I was presuming the typical SOAP/UDDI/WSDL family
of basic deployment, with maybe some XML database/repository type material.
I did know about that book, but I didn't realize that it contained material
on web services. I'll definitely check it out if that's the case. Although
that link doesn't seem to be working this moment...

Well it's working for me, but I'd appreciate any feedback on its continued
non-responsiveness.

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html