Flying With Python (Strong versus Weak Typing)

Max maxx at easynews.com
Tue Mar 11 17:12:27 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:46:04 +0100, "GerritM" <gmuller at worldonline.nl> wrote:

>So maybe there exists a relation after all? Good programmers know Python, so
>with Python the probability of having a good programmer is higher :-) ?

You might be on to something there. I see a lot of programmers attempt languages
because of the popularity/visibility of the language. Their discovery of
languages is often driven by the number of times the language is mentioned in
the press, or how frequent it is called for on job search sites.

Python tends to be less visible, so perhaps there is some substance to a theory
that states that for a programmer to become aware of Python, they often have
have a certain amount of industry experience, and therefore exposure, to less
known, but superior tool.

In other words, more programmers shop at Wal-Mart.