Sorry ...

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Mar 4 17:28:08 EST 2003

Lance LaDamage wrote:

> If I shocked you by my various errors, it's because one thing ... and
> prepare for the shock ... :
>
> I am an 11 year old child who enjoys to program in Visual Basic and have

I'm impressed!  You're definitely a far better programmer than I
was at your age...

> recently learned Python because a chat friend had a chatbot (written in
> Python) and I was required to develop most of it. I'm very interested in
> programming and I rely on the help of other programmers to help you
> (because my mother and father can't.) If anyone can offer me any tips or
> help, I would appreciate it.

While it may be a bit "old stuff" for you, I'd recommend starting with
http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/ -- it gives a nice tour of Python,
including how to use it to write videogames, which is an interesting
take on things, I believe.

Alex