Has anyone created a simple POP3 and SMTP server using TWISTED?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Mar 16 21:26:07 EST 2003

"Zoo Keeper" <candiazoo at attbi.com> wrote ...
> Or by any other means for that matter.
>
> I have two domains, one for me, one for my wife, for our web sites.  I
> want our own mail servers because our ISP has changed names 3 times in 4
> years.  Right now I am using a great product (my server is BeOS, btw)
> but it is a trial version and the minimal license is for 50 users and
> costs too much.  So, I figured I'd write one in Python, but I wanted to
> check here first to make sure it hasn't already been done so that I am
> not wasting time researching and writing something that already
> exists...

I'm sure you will get lots of technical answers to your problem. However,
surely it would be simpler to move to an ISP who will let you manage your
own domain. Many such ISPs exist, and even if they change their names you
will be able to continue using your own domain name.You should even be able
to continue using the same domain name when you move from one ISP to
another. So this isn't really a Python problem (IMHP).

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html