GCD in standard library?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Mar 12 23:08:40 EST 2003

[I already replied to this by email since it wasn't clear that it was
cc'd to the newsgroup/list.]

Blake Garretson wrote:

> Right.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the recursive version
> appears
> faster.  Here's my little test:

You've only done one trial each, so this really doesn't say much.  Other
effects (such as load or caching) can easily swamp these results.
Instead you should be running with very large test numbers and run the
test many, many times (like hundreds of thousands or millions).

/  \ That which is resisted persists.
\__/ Camden Benares
    ZOE / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/zoe/
 A simple Python OpenGL rendering engine.