Metaphors and politics

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 29 16:55:04 EST 2003

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote in message
news:L9ecnVASabhrlxujXTWcpQ at comcast.com...
> Here is another from Australia's Sunday Mail (another right-wing
rag?)
> that combines the UPI info (I presume) with a local source.  They
> quote from 3!! separate disillusioned (by reality) 'human-shield'
> returnees.  Given people's general reluctance to reexamine deeply
held
> beliefs even in the face of strong contrary evidence, this is pretty
> remarkable.

I have also seen Rev. Joseph interviewed live on a TV news program and
he said the same things reported by UPI, so UPI (and its subscribers)
quoted him correctly.  Dismissing his powerful testimony by slamming a
news organization he has no connection with and probably dislikes
himself is an evasive non sequitor.

Terry J. Reedy