Invitation to PyCon

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Mar 23 12:16:34 EST 2003

Well, looks like it's PyCon weekend in DC, folks, and here we are amid the
cherry blossom (sadly not a feature of this year's cherry blossom festival).

The registrations have been smoothly handled by our colleagues of Yet
Another Society, for which we thank them. Those who have had to request a
refund should expect a formal response shortly before or after PyCon ends.
If you do not receive such a response by email, please contact me to ensure
your details have been received.

I look forward to putting faces to many names, and extend the hand of
friendship to all pythonistas, whether attending PyCon or not.

There's a goodly crowd attending, barring any travel-related problems such
as weather (which featured in my missing the first Python conference I
booked). The sprinters are already converging to begin work on Monday, and
if you aren't sprinting then think about coming in on TUESDAY AFTERNOON to
register early and avoid the morning rush on Wednesday.

PyCon's organizers are all interested in hearing your feedback on the
conference, and this will be the theme of a session late in the agenda,
where your feedback (negative and, hopefully, ;positive)can be made more
publicly.

Over all we are trying to provide an interesting week with access to Python
talent, humor, conceit, and all else that we consider positive about the
language. If you aren't already registered then it will cost you $250 at the
door (again, if you want to register AT THE CONFERENCE we recommend that you
register ON SITE TUESDAY AFTERNOON with your credit card).

There has apparently been a good response to our call for gophers, and I'd
like to thank all our volunteer gophers in advance for helping to keep the
wheels rolling.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to PyCon DC 2003 week
Register for PyCon Tuesday March 25  at GWU's Cafritz Conference Center