Concerns about performance w/Python, Pysco on Pentiums

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Mar 7 09:06:37 EST 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> Tentative conclusion: although it's at the bottom of the range of
> claimed improvements from Psyco, I'll take my 36% and run.  I'll
> switch to lists, because dicts have zero advantages in this case,
> though the speedup is minor.

Have you tried Python 2.3a2?  You might like what you see (pymalloc is
probably the main reason for the improvement, but there have been
many, many little performance tweaks).

Cheers,
M.

--
  In short, just business as usual in the wacky world of floating
  point <wink>.                        -- Tim Peters, comp.lang.python