Object oriented databae for Python

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Fri Mar 21 11:07:01 EST 2003

Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

? This is first release of DyBASE. So I could not call it stable:)
> But DyBASE is actually based on GigaBASE core and it is almost five
> years old and is stable enough.

Thanks much for the additional info.  I was looking at DyBase and
GigaBASE and FASTBASE last night, and wondering how hard it would
be to get these to talk to Python.

I had a little problem with the Dyabase distribution ...

The binaries require MSVCR70D.DLL.  That's a file that's part of
the current MS developer products, but it's not redistributable.
So, my programs wouldn't be redistributable if they used the
binaries.  Worse, I don't even have MSVCR70D.DLL installed on my
machine.

I expect I'll be trying to re-build this with MSVC++ v6 with
debugging off in a couple of hours.

Hope that works.  Any tips?

Al