Stream Abstractions in python?

Daniel Nielsen djn at daimi.au.dk
Tue Mar 11 09:19:55 EST 2003

On 11/03-03 13.11, Gerhard Häring wrote:
> Daniel Nielsen <djn at daimi.au.dk> wrote:

[snip]

> You might want to take a look at Twisted [1]. It nicely decouples protocol
> implementations from the underlying transport, among others. If you're
> doing network programming and/or implementing custom protocols it's IMO a
> very good framework.

I will look into this [1a].

[snip]

> Hmm. What about using codecs.EncodedFile for this? [2]

Maybe, but a quick gaze over the docs, seems to indicate that I would be
better off using pyro/twisted.

> [1] http://www.twistedmatrix.com/ -- Argh. Can't connect currently.

[1a] Exactly my problem. Reading through some of the posts here recommends
twistedmatrix as well, so I look forward to seeing it...

> [2] http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-codecs.html

/Daniel

--
There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced
by circumstances to meet.