spreadsheet format

user at domain.invalid user at domain.invalid
Mon Mar 17 09:50:59 EST 2003

Steve Holden wrote:
> The obvious solution would be XML, at which Python excels (no pun intended
> :-). Is there some reason why you haven't mentioned it (other than
> completely overlooking it)? Because it's a text-based format you can usually
> rely on it arriving at its destination unmangled.
Yes, I left it out for a reason: I am not currently aware of any
software that can parse/interprete XML spreadsheet without following
somespecic schema or dtd. Which means, I may have to write something to
write a parser myself -- not a direction I want to go.

P.S. I am aware that "gnumeric" has its own xml format.