Using mail merge in Word using win32com & Python

Bill Tate tatebll at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 07:04:17 EST 2003

Has anyone come across this requirement using python & win32com?  I
need to be able to programmatically create a list of addressees to
receive a form letter using Word's mail merge feature.  I've check all
the usual sources including Mark's win32 programming book.  While I
can obtain instances of a MailMerge & MailMergeDataSource COM objects,
I can't seem to find a method that would allow me to add/remove
records to the data source.  The help reference doesn't appear to
offer any answers either.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Tate