2.2.1 crashes on Linux (RH7.3) trying to load python shared library timemodule.so

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 28 02:18:09 EST 2003

morden <morden at shadows.net> writes:

> 1. Why does 2.2.1 goes looking for timemodule.so in
> /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/ even though I've built it statically
> with prefix /u/local

That is hard to believe, unless you have added somehow
/usr/lib/python2.2 to sys.path. Are you sure your app is linked with
the library you have built?

> 2. How could I tell configure that I want modules statically linked with
> libpython.a?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Which modules? The ones of
the standard Python distribution? They are never linked with
libpython.a: they are *part* of it. Your own modules? which configure
do you want to tell something, then?

Regards,
Martin