Expect on window (from python script)

erez erez at actona.com
Mon Mar 3 10:17:52 EST 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) wrote in message news:<v641f94kcvsq99 at corp.supernews.com>...
> In article <af24fc01.0303020124.343d341f at posting.google.com>,
> erez <erez at actona.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >when i try to run python-script (on linux device) that uses pexpect
> >module, and try to telnet window device, i can't do so ( the sendline
> >function send only the first cur at a time )
> >does someone know how could i interact window telnet ??? by expect
> >
> >Thanks, Erez
>
> Let's be clear on our terms.  From the Linux command-line,
> can you telnet to the Windows host, and "manually" drive
> the Windows process to achieve the result you're after?
> Is that indeed a correct model for what you're after?
> Briefly, can you get what you're after withOUT Python?
>
> Even if you say, "No", it might still be possible to achieve
> what you're after with Python.  All that answer would mean
> is that I don't yet understand your requirements.
To be more specific:
i try to automate telnet process on window device, using the pexpect
module,
The action can be done by hand (telnet my_window_device) using windows
-telnet-
server, (from a command line from some Unix)
for my understanding the Expect (like) module should works for windows
device , (when i contact the windows device), it is working via Perl
Expect (TCL too), i want to do so by Python.

Jeff (Hi), what is it xmlrpc/Pyro can it help me ???

Thanks again, Erez