Visual Python without ActivePython

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Mar 12 16:46:41 EST 2003

I was looking to evaluate Visual Python, but was wondering if anyone
knew a way to get it to operate with a regular distribution (not
ActiveState's ActivePython) since it seems to check specifically for
ActivePython on startup.

I've already got 5 versions of Python installed on my system (and have
carefully picked which ones get involved in the few single-use
registry settings), and would prefer not to need ActivePython just for
an evaluation (not to mention I'm not sure what registry "adjustments"
installing it might do for free).  I'd expect my standard 2.1 or 2.2
installation, including win32all, should be more than sufficient to
run Visual Python.

Thanks.

--
-- David