Python 2.3 True = False

Arne Koewing ark at gmx.net
Mon Mar 24 15:03:11 EST 2003

Rene Pijlman <reply.in at the.newsgroup> writes:

> Martin v. Löwis:
>>At one point, there was a patch to restrict assignments to True and False
>>for 2.3. This patch wasn't implemented as too much code actually did
>>assign to True and False.
>
> You have got to be kidding :-D
>
> What did it assign True and False to? And why?

it is often defined in scripts written in python before
True and False were added to the language.

I would welcome to restrict the assignment so that
True could only get an value that is treated as true
and False  could only get an value that is treated as false
and raise an exception or print a warning if a mutable object
was assigned.