minimum python for distribution on Windows

Brian Munroe bmunroe at tribador.nu
Fri Mar 21 21:06:24 EST 2003

Ok, I give up!  I thoroughly investigated the -S option for myself, verified,
that yes (while running verbose) that -S really does work.

BUT, if I run freeze on my program, I STILL see it freezing httplib, pydoc, etc.

I've tried it by putting into the beginning of the script I want to freeze:

#!/usr/bin/python -S

I've tried it while running the freeze.py script:

$ python /usr/local/lib/python2.2/Tools/freeze/freeze.py ../test.py

Neither of those seem to have any effect.

Any suggestions, or just get the cvs version of freeze?

TIA,

-- brian