Is Python the Esperanto of programming languages?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Mar 20 18:49:13 EST 2003

Andy Jewell wrote:

> 2) What film was that?  Really - I didn't know there *was* a film
> which
> featured Esperanto.  That's probably because it starred William
> Shatner...

It was a movie made in 1965 called _Incubus_.  The film has a Web site:

	http://www.incubusthefilm.com/

It's a black-and-white horror movie, and all the dialogue is in
Esperanto, although the pronunciation is atrocious.  The prints were
thought lost, but evidently a copy was found playing in French theatres
in a Rocky Horror Picture Show style showing.  It was cleaned up and
released on VHS and DVD.

/  \ Morality is a weakness of the mind.
\__/ Arthur Rimbaud
    Blackgirl International / http://www.blackgirl.org/
 The Internet resource for black women.