Tuples, what are they: read-only lists or heterogeneous data arrays?

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Mar 13 00:22:03 EST 2003

googlegroups at tekNico.net (Nicola Larosa) wrote previously:
|Date: 2001-02-15 05:49 Sender: gvanrossum
|"Why bother?  I like the fact that when you want to do list-ish
|things you have to use lists.  Use list(t).count(x) if you really
|want this for a tuple.
|"I'm rejecting this in the name of all those users who want Python
|to be small."

|Guido, can't we settle this once and for all?

Sure looks to me like it HAS BEEN settled once and for all :-).

Tuples don't have an .count() method... so it is written, and so shall
it be (unless it changes in a later version).

Yours, David...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego