code coverage tool

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Mar 4 10:39:48 EST 2003

"John Roth" <johnroth at ameritech.net> writes:

> "Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
> news:7h3el5njnqv.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...

> > The overhead is probably somewhat higher because of the way line trace
> > events are generated in 2.3 is what I meant.  Fallout from the removal
> > of SET_LINENO.
> >
> > I haven't actually tried it, so I might be hopelessly wrong...
>
> That shouldn't affect the profiler, but it might affect the
> debugger, and hence pyCover.

Well, sys.settrace vs. sys.setprofile, sure.  But the hotshot profiler
uses the trace interface in some circumstances.  Calling it a debugger
is a touch bogus :-)

> I really should fire up 2.3 and give it a test. Don't hold your
> breath, though.

Don't worry, I won't.

Cheers,
M.

--
93. When someone says "I want a programming language in which I
    need only say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.